MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarship
Aside government’s local scholarships in the country, there are also co-operate bodies such as MTN Ghana that also award scholarships to Ghanaians in the tertiaries.
As usual, scholarships in Ghana are awarded to the needy but brilliant students.
MTN Ghana foundation scholarship is rarely heard in Ghana; this is due to the fact that the people are not aware of its existence.
Most of the time, we do hear MTN foundation scholarship in South Africa, MTN foundation scholarship in Nigeria and others.
But MTN scholarship is really doing their best in assisting Ghanaian students in education. This MTN scholarship is also known as MTN BRIGHT SCHOLARSHIPS.
MTN Ghana categorically stated that it is given 300 scholarships awards to Ghanaian students over a period of three years starting from the 2020/2021 academic year.
Also, the beneficiaries would come from all the 16 regions of Ghana. As well known, the MTN foundation scholarships covers the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and relevant reading materials.
PROCESSES IN APPLYING THE MTN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
All application of the scholarship is done through the online medium, or students are to visit any MTN service centres in the country to pick up forms.
For the online applications, you can log on to scholarships.mtn.com.gh or open its official website, mtn.com.gh.
MTN Ghana foundation promises about 100 scholarship opportunities for the 2020/2021 academic year for the brilliant but needy students to complete their studies.
If you are a first- year student (fresher) or continuing education student offering undergraduate degree in any of the accredited public university or institution in Ghana without any sponsor of funding, then you stand a chance of winning this MTN scholarship.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MTN FOUNDATION GHANA
For the past 20 years, the MTN scholarship foundation has been providing various scholarship programs to several well- deserving people across Africa.
It has then extended its scholarship programs to Ghanaian youths. As a matter of fact, the youths are benefiting from this program at different levels of education in Ghana.
DETAILS YOU NEEED TO KNOW
Below are particular details you will need to know about MTN scholarship before:
- Level/Field of study
The scholarship is designed for freshers’ undergraduate students and continuing education students at any accredited institution in Ghana. Applicants must be pursuing any choice of course
- Host Nationality
The applicant must be coming from and residing in any of the 16 regions of Ghana.
- Eligible Nationality
Applicants must by strictly be a Ghanaian by birth
Before you can apply for the MTN foundation scholarship, the Applicant must be sure he/she has the following:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be;
Be hard-working with excellent academic results
- Continuing students and first-year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Provide a one-page letter of motivationindicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for your education, including what your educational and professional goals are.
- Attach WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from your Senior High School. Please note that thorough checks will be made on all documents submitted.
- The application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
- An applicant who enjoys any form of educational scholarship should not apply.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. WOMEN and PERSONS with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply
For the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana
An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively. Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For the purposes of this Scholarship, a credit pass in:
- WASSCE means A1 – C6
- SSSCE means A – D
For Continuing Education Student in Ghana:
- A continuing student applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be involved in extra curricula activities.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.
Application submission opens from June every year and closes in July of the same year.
Successful candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by August. Please check the next container for the link that will give you accurate information on the deadline date.